Global Friends of Ukraine is bringing a remarkable photo exhibition to London to launch its Victims of War Support Project aimed at raising funds for the rehabilitation of civilians and soldiers injured during the war in the East of Ukraine.
About the launch
The event is being organised with the support of John Whittingdale MP, Chair, British-Ukraine All-Party Parliamentary Group and Patron of Global Friends of Ukraine. It will be attended by Members of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine including Mr Petrenko, Minister of Justice and Mr Pavlenko, Minister of Agricultural Policy of Ukraine, Ms Galibarenko Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs as well as members of the British and Ukrainian Parliaments.
There will be also a presentation by the Adviser to the Minister of Defence, Dr Vsevolod Stebliuk, who went to the frontline as a volunteer doctor and saved lives of almost a hundred soldiers in the Illovaisk encirclement. He is managing the rehabilitation program of the Ministry.
About the Exhibition
The collection will tell the stories about how the lives of ordinary people have changes irrevocably as a result of the war. It is the story of human sacrifice, dignity and heroism. It was created with the support of Ms Iryna Gerashchenko, Official Representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in cooperation with the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU); curated by Natalia Ishchenko and Sergii Morugin.
The exhibition in London was made possible thanks to support from Mr Igor Liski, the Chairman of the Board of “Effective Investment LtD”, and Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce. The participation of the Ukrainian delegation was organised with the help of the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK.
Authors of those photos:
- Ivan (Iv) Bogdan. Photographer, volunteer.
- Oleksyi Chernyshov.
- Maksim Drabok. Media Consultant and Producer for CBS (USA), ITN Channel 4 News (UK) and VRT (Belgium) in Ukraine.
- Yaroslav Galas.
- Iryna Gerashchenko. Member of Parliament of Ukraine. President appointed her an a Commissioner on peaceful resolution of conflict in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- Viktor Gurnyak. Photographer (Internet-newspaper «Insider»). Soldier of battalion “Aydar”.
- Sergiy Kharchenko.
- Kostyantyn Khodak. Staff Sergeant, mechanized brigade of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Klymenko. Photographer (Newspaper “Holos Ukrainy” (Voice of Ukraine)).
- Oles Kromplyas. Commander of the battalion of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
- Max Levin. Photographer (Internet-newspaper LB.ua).
- Olexiy Lipiridi.
- Sergei Loiko. Journalist, translator, writer and photographer.
- Markiian Lyseiko. Photographer (UKRINFORM).
- Maxim Muzyka.
- Lieutenant-colonels Taras Gren, Yuzef Venskovych, Arkadiy Radkivskyi and Major Victor Grom are officers of the press-centre of the Antiterrorist Operation.
- Oleksandr Ratushnyak.
- Evgen Sosnovskiy. Local citizen of Mariupol.
- Konstantyn Sova.
- Oleksandr Shulman. Journalist, editor, photographer from Kyiv.
This exhibition was first presented in October 2014 in Kyiv, Ukraine, organized by Iryna Gerashchenko, Official Representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in cooperation with the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU); curated by Natalia Ishchenko (Gumba) and Sergii Morugin.
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Registration
- 14:30 – 14:35 – Opening remarks by John Whittingdale OBE MP, Chair All-Party Parliamentary Group, Patron Global Friends of Ukraine
- 14:35 – 14:40 – Remarks by the Rt Hon David Lidington Mp, Minister for Europe, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- 14:40 – 14:45 – Remarks by Ms Nataliia Galibarenko, 1st Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- 14:45 – 14:50 – Remarks by Ms Iryna Gerashenko, Official representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions, Curator of the Exhibition “Donbas: War and Peace”
- 14:50 – 14:55 – Dr. Stebliuk, Adviser to the Minister of Defence of Ukraine, Head of the Rehabilitation Project of the Ministry
- 14:55 – 15.00 – Remarks by Maria Tymofienko, Founder Global Friends of Ukraine
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Viewing of the Exhibition, Reception