Ukrainian Institute and Global Friends of Ukraine are inviting all interested to the charity auction and photo exhibition “Donbas: War and Peace”. Selected photos from this remarkable exhibition will be sold at the auction to raise funds for Victims of War Support Project aimed to assist in rehabilitation of civilians and soldiers injured during the war in the East of Ukraine. After the charity auction, this photo collection will be exhibited at Ukrainian Club (Holland Park 154, London) from 6-8 March 2015.
About the Exhibition
The collection will tell the stories about how the lives of ordinary people have changes irrevocably as a result of the war. It is the story of human sacrifice, dignity and heroism. It was created with the support of Ms Iryna Gerashchenko, Official Representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in cooperation with the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU); curated by Natalia Ishchenko and Sergii Morugin.
The exhibition in London was made possible thanks to support from Mr Igor Liski, the Chairman of the Board of “Effective Investment LtD”, and Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce. The participation of the Ukrainian delegation was organised with the help of the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK.
Authors of those photos:
- Ivan (Iv) Bogdan. Photographer, volunteer.
- Oleksyi Chernyshov.
- Maksim Drabok. Media Consultant and Producer for CBS (USA), ITN Channel 4 News (UK) and VRT (Belgium) in Ukraine.
- Yaroslav Galas.
- Iryna Gerashchenko. Member of Parliament of Ukraine. President appointed her an a Commissioner on peaceful resolution of conflict in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- Viktor Gurnyak. Photographer (Internet-newspaper «Insider»). Soldier of battalion “Aydar”.
- Sergiy Kharchenko.
- Kostyantyn Khodak. Staff Sergeant, mechanized brigade of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Klymenko. Photographer (Newspaper “Holos Ukrainy” (Voice of Ukraine)).
- Oles Kromplyas. Commander of the battalion of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
- Max Levin. Photographer (Internet-newspaper LB.ua).
- Olexiy Lipiridi.
- Sergei Loiko. Journalist, translator, writer and photographer.
- Markiian Lyseiko. Photographer (UKRINFORM).
- Maxim Muzyka.
- Lieutenant-colonels Taras Gren, Yuzef Venskovych, Arkadiy Radkivskyi and Major Victor Grom are officers of the press-centre of the Antiterrorist Operation.
- Oleksandr Ratushnyak.
- Evgen Sosnovskiy. Local citizen of Mariupol.
- Konstantyn Sova.
- Oleksandr Shulman. Journalist, editor, photographer from Kyiv.
This exhibition was first presented in October 2014 in Kyiv, Ukraine, organized by Iryna Gerashchenko, Official Representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in cooperation with the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU); curated by Natalia Ishchenko (Gumba) and Sergii Morugin.
- 19:00 – 19:15 – Welcome Speach by Andy Hunder, Ukrainian Institute Director
- 19:15 – 19:30 – Presentation of the charity project by Maria Tymofienko, Global Friends of Ukraine Founder
- 19:30 – 20:00 – Charity Auction
- 20:00 – 21:00 – Reception